Wordle: Of Man
Become a StrangeBedfellow!

Who Am I, or The Meaning of Life

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 by Unknown

Good Evening Dear Reader,

My name's Don, but you can call me Professor Politico (I'll get to the meaning of this name in a moment).

To start I'm a bit of an intellectual, more Penn Jillette than Nietzsche, but that's a story for another time maybe. I'm also an "Autodidact" and a voracious reader. I live for Politics and Philosophy, but hate politicians and philosophers (I have this thing about being told how to live my life). I love Science,Technology, and Design, but have no discernible computer or design skills(this post is taking the better part of an hour). And I am considered by most of the people I know to be a huge geek.

Now, to explain why I chose the name Professor Politico; The Professor part of this name comes from the endless amounts of useless information that's stored in my malformed noggin (what can I say it's a gift and a curse). The Politico part comes from my almost obsessive consumption of all things politics. Now you're saying to yourself, "Self, do I really need to read another socio-political/entertainment/technology blog? There's already a ton of them out there (BoingBoing.net comes to mind). This guy's just a small first time blogger. Could he really have anything new and unique to say?" Well I would like to think that I do have some new and unique views on politics and philosophy as well as pop culture, entertainment, and technology, but only time will tell. Do you have to read any of it? No. To be brutally honest I'm not really doing this for you, Dear Reader. I'm doing this for me. So if you like what you see and read, great. If not, that's fine too. Hopefully you'll take something away with you when( or if) you visit this site.



Regards,

Professor Politico

Filed under having  

0 comments: